Thursday, February 27, 2014

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks Iconic Vintage Collection: Jungle Peach, Snow Peach, and Fifth Avenue Red (Limited Edition)

Hey y'all! Today, I would like to share my review and swatches of three of the five recently re-released Iconic Vintage Revlon Superlustrous shades.  The collection includes five shades: Icy Violet (1946), Sandstorm (1999), Jungle Peach (1963), Snow Peach (1956), and Fifth Avenue Red (1958). 

 I found the limited edition display yesterday morning at my local Walgreens.  The beauty advisor had set it up moments before I came in, so the display was untouched and fresh for the picking.  

Individually, the lipsticks are marked down from $8.29 to $6.99.  If you purchase two, then you get an additional discount.  I purchased Jungle Peach first, which costed $6.99.  I like to make purchases in smaller increments rather than all in one go.  It is a bit overwhelming and I do like to ponder on whether I really desire the items at all.  So, I kept Snow Peach and Fifth Avenue Red on hold, tested out Jungle Peach, thought over it, and then purchased the remaining two shades last night. I paid $6.99 for the first lipstick and $3.49 for the second one (minus the retail tax).  

Unlike some other beauty bloggers, I was not per say desperate (i.e., eager / no negativity implied here) to find these lipsticks, but I must admit that the sentimentality behind the fact that these lipsticks are vintage shades and might bring back memories for those fashionistas who rocked these shades in their heydays allured me to buy at least one.  I am not a fan of frost or shimmer finishes and did not even consider trying Icy Violet or Sandstorm.  Here are the three creme shades I bought: 


1963's JUNGLE PEACH





1956's SNOW PEACH and 1958's FIFTH AVENUE RED 







The formula of these particular shades was especially creamy and appropriately emollient.  I own a few Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks and do like the formula in general, but these lipsticks glided on buttery smooth.  I think this was the main reason I opted to purchase two more shades.  These lipsticks feel moisturizing like a quality balm.  Jungle Peach looks a bit streaky on my natural (medium) pigmented lips, but it does not bother me because I am in love with the texture. These lipsticks also have a subtle sheen, which gives a plump and healthy appearance to your lips.  I might need to occasionally blend Jungle Peach out or apply a few swipes to make it look less streaky, but Snow Peach and Fifth Avenue Red come off fully opaque in one swipe. The traditional tear-drop shape of the Revlon Superlustrous bullet helps with applying the color within the lips outline. 

Overall, I am definitely happy with these three additions to my ever-growing collection of lipsticks.  I would definitely recommend purchasing these soon because these lipsticks have been re-released for a limited time only, the displays only carry two of each of the five shades, and they are currently on sale at Walgreens. 

I hope y'all enjoyed this review and found it helpful.  I am not as chatty today as I usually am in my blog posts.  I have not been feeling well for the past few weeks and am behind on studies and other work, and still recovering.  "I am so tired," is my currently coined phrase.  Fortunately, I had surgery (wisdom teeth extraction) a few days ago and now the four impacted monstrous wisdom teeth, which actually sucked all the wisdom out of my life for the past three weeks, are gone. Yay! 

Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Those are all gorgeous colors! I especially like the darkest one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so obsessed with snow peach. I really need to just go get it!!! Thanks for sharing your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your surgery went well and those beasts are out! I am glad you picked these up! They all look great on you, and I really love how you think about your purchasing decisions so carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review..gorgeous shades..I liked the snow peach one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the shades you picked, especially Jungle Peach. Glad to hear that they were moisturizing :)

    --Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!