Monday, December 30, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color - The Statement Piece (Textured / Gold Dust Collection)

Happy New Year's Eve Everyone! Farewell 2013 and welcome 2014! I hope the New Year bring each and every one of us joy and good company to share it with, good health, success, and peace. 

I suppose my suggestion of a manicure for tonight's New Year festivities might possibly be too late, but this nail polish has swept me off my feet. It is quite "the statement piece" and a must-have for those who love golden nail polishes. 

I have seen the Gold Dust collection recently pop up at Walmart, Rite Aid, and Meijer. These polishes cost $4.99 at Walmart and Meijer and $5.99 at Rite Aid. 

I have been searching for a gold nail polish for a few years. I don't like frosty, shimmery, satiny, duo-chrome, foil, or metallic polishes. I only like cremes. Every gold or silver nail polish I have tried till now made my hands appear dry, aged, and gray. Also, these polishes made me feel as if I had cut out nail shapes in aluminum foil and glued the pieces onto my nails. This nail polish is perfect if you share my feelings regarding most gold, silver, copper, and bronze polishes in the market. Copper blends too much with my skin-tone. Bronze also blends and looks a bit dull, but I still like it on me. Gold overall looks the best on my tanned skin-tone. Warm and neutral shades are universally flattering for tanned folks. 

I have applied two coats and no top-coat. I love the gritty texture! It is so unique, yet not overwhelming or overdone. I have already decided that I want to wear this nail polish on my wedding day, which is me thinking quite far into the future. I have worn the polish for a little over a day. It has not yet chipped and feels comfortable. 







Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @

Your friendly comments are much appreciated. 
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty subtle take on textures! I am always scared of wearing textures because they make me feel tacky, this one is very nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty!!! Perfect wedding day polish too ;). Happy New Years lovely!! Hope 2014 is great for you! Glad for your review on this...I passed by this display just yesterday and I was like...welll....hmm....i don't know....now I know I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Meesha, I like this one a lot. Can you also show us what it looks like with a top coat?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!