Sunday, September 1, 2013

*New* Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color Hot Raspberry

My review of the Bobbi Brown sheer lip colors is overdue. I was slightly reluctant to post a review of a bright lip color at this time of the year. Although it is not quite Autumn (Fall) yet here in the U.S., the market is always ahead of the game. I associate Autumn (Fall) with deeper, warmer, darker, and sometimes dull colors. 

Yesterday, I found Napoleon Perdis's Fall 2013 Collection at Target. The collection includes a few new lipstick shades, like a sheer apple red, bright fuchsia, and a brighter yellowish orange. I thought to myself, bright colors for Fall, really! So, perhaps my review of the Bobbi Brown sheer lip color in Hot Raspberry is still vogue. 

Packaging: The packaging of the sheer color lipsticks is simple - black with the brand name in white. I prefer the squared tube shape of the other Bobbi Brown lipsticks to this new rounded shape. It looks compact, definitely not bulky, which is all that I care about in regards to packaging. It does not look cheap and can be wiped easily in case it gets dirty in your handbag. Even though the YSL packaging looks so luxe, it gets scratched and dirty very easily and cannot withstand rough use as traditional black packaging does. 

Price: $25.00



Swatches! 



Color: Hot Raspberry is a richly pigmented, bright fuchsia with blue-pink undertones. I believe that this bright fuchsia suits my skin tone whereas other fuchsia lip colors do not because of the blue-pink rather than blue-purple or blue-plumy or yellow-pink undertones. I still do not feel completely comfortable wearing such a bright color because I prefer wearing neutral or deep shades. This shade reminds me of Barbies, sigh


Claims: "The sheer lip look of the season-introducing a lightweight formula for lips that delivers an effortless wash of color plus nourishing shine. The best part? Luxurious butters and oils improve the overall condition of lips, instantly and over time. Glides on smoothly and evenly for hours of feather-free wear. In a range of creamy and shimmery shades (the hardest part is having to choose.)" - from Bobbi Brown website. 

Formula & Application: The Bobbi Brown sheer lip colors (most of them) are not like typical "sheer" lipsticks. These lip colors are richly pigmented. They are creamy, yet very glossy and lightweight. I would describe the formula as a fusion of a creamy and jelly-glossy texture. Easy to apply, but not particularly buttery smooth. These obviously don't glide on with friction like a matte, but I did not find them to be buttery smooth and slippery like YSL Rouge Volupte Shine or Dior Addict lipsticks. Once applied, I felt as if I was wearing a semi-satin-creme finish lipstick, not a fusion of a lipstick-lipgloss-lipbalm. My lips felt a bit parched during and after wear. 


Please support StrawberryHeartsChocolateDarts @
TWITTER

Your friendly comments and feedback are much appreciated. 
Thanks!


2 comments:

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!