Tuesday, April 2, 2013

OPI Nail Lacquer in My Very First Knockwurst

I could not possibly praise this polish enough. I would be sad if this shade were to finish or age and I could not replace it. My polishes have never really finished, but they have become gooey and unusable or I have just given them away to friends and family because I don't like the colors anymore. The only polishes in my collection that turned gooey beyond repair were OPI's I Lilac You from the Shrek Collection and OPI's Top Coat. So, as you all can guess I am not a fan of OPI polishes. I except more quality for the $9 - $10 price tag. I have drugstore brand polishes, under $5, which have stayed in shape for quite a few years now. Hmm! I noticed I tend to start my posts with negative remarks and then move to the positive features of the product. I hope y'all don't lose interest by the time I get to the good points. 

OPI's My Very First Knockwurst was part of the Germany Collection. I came across this shade by chance, while strolling through my local ULTA. I was not really looking for it. I had come across this shade online a little while back and really liked it, but I don't really feel comfortable shopping online, so I had forgotten about it. I did not think it would be sold in stores any longer because it was released in the Fall of 2012. I feel lucky to have found it!


As you can see from the pictures below this shade falls in the neutral group; a nude, milky, dusty, mauve-pink creme. In dim light, the mauve-pink disappears and shifts into a milky beige shade. This shade is not too different from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Gray-T Escape, so you may not need both unless you absolutely adore nude polishes. There is a subtle difference. When I really like a color, for instance lilac / lavender, I will notice the subtle difference, while someone else may find the polishes to be identical and unnecessary to have multiple similar shades. I found that Gray-T Escape is more nude and less mauve than My Very First Knockwurst. Although this isn't really what someone would typically consider a pastel baby pink, for me it is! I have been longing for a baby pink that isn't too bright, paint-like, pepto-bismol-like, or pastel. 

(Flash)

(No Flash) 

The application starts out a bit streaky, but it is not bad at all, considering that this is a creme finish. I used three coats. Other products I used for this manicure: Revlon Post-Trauma Treatment (this sounds harsher than it is... my nails are not traumatized... this was simply used for a protectant base coat) and Essie Good to Go Top Coat. 


Thanks for reading! If you like this post, please take a look at the rest of my blog, and follow me here through Google Friends ConnectBlog Lovin'She Said BeautyHello Cotton, and Twitter to stay connected. I would also love to receive your comments, suggestions, and support. 
Yours Truly,

15 comments:

  1. I am loving that colour! i am really into pastels but i have not yet tried any OPI products probably because of the price tag that comes with it. Great post!

    Zara (Bows and Pearls)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know OPIs are very expensive. I myself do not like to spend more than $5/$6 on a nail color and don't order online either b/c of shipping costs, but I get my OPI from a salon where I get points and coupons, so really I only paid $4 something for this OPI polish. :-)

      Delete
  2. You need to buy some nail polish thinner to extend the life of your gooey polish :o)

    I have the whole OPI Holland Collection there is not one shade there I don't like.

    I commented my email to you but I haven't heard back did you get it?

    matillyrose@gmail.com

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got your email. I will be emailing you soon. Sorry, I have got a load of assignments this week, so I thought to email you on Friday. Thanks! I thought about getting a nail polish thinner, but since only one polish became gooey, I thought to just buy a new one than spend same amount on a thinner. But if more become gooey, I will definitely get a thinner. :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely colour! I need to put away those vampy winter shades and get the lighter spring ones out!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must try this shade or I am planning on doing a post soon of all my nude/neutral colors and then you'll have a range to choose from! :-)

      Delete
  4. Your nails are too pretty and perfectly shaped that any color looks good on them! You have the prettiest pastel colored nail paints
    xx
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute colour! Suits your skin tone so well. I'd imagine it would look quite nice in the spring and summer with the pastel themes! I personally haven't bought any OPI nail polishes but have tried them, I can't justify the price tag especially as the staying power is very similar to cheaper alternatives. But the colours great and I enjoyed your post :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree w/ you. I don't think OPIs are any different (or perhaps worse) than the cheaper alternatives in formula or application. I rely on my Essie Good to Go to help my manicure dry faster and last longer. I get tired of a shade pretty quickly though, like four days, so longevity is not a high concern. I must say this particular shade is holding up well! I actually only paid $4-5 b/c I had received coupons and points. I forgot to mention that above! :-)

      Delete
  6. This nail color is so pretty! I love colors like that!

    Just to let you know, I've tagged you in my "This or That" post and would love for you to check it out! Simple Charm Beauty: This or That

    ReplyDelete
  7. i couldn't agree more on how lovely OPI nail polish is

    xo
    http://theclassyones.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment! I hope so too. That's really nice from her. Some places here are really great! You really have to visit them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That colour is simply gorgeous and it looks even better on you! <3

    http://etherealaristocrats.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful color!!! So feminine and charming!
    We can follow each other, now I am your new follower :) I hope that you do it same.
    from Kazakhstan with love
    http://silkpassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS POLICY: I love to receive comments from my readers. It helps me know that I am reaching out to people who share my interests. One of my favorite parts of blogging is interaction with other "beauty enthusiasts" like myself. Feel free to inform me of your thoughts, opinions, and feedback regarding the subject matter discussed in the blog post. Please refrain from leaving comments that involve advertisements, giveaways, and any other promotions, including promotion of your own blog/social media forums. There is absolutely no tolerance for negativity or obscenity.

***Please DO NOT LEAVE LINKS OR HYPERLINKS in your comments!